Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sour Cream Chocolate Cake

I was asked to bring a salad for bbq dinner last night, but I couldn't help but bake a little something for the occassion too. I used this recipe from Nigella Lawson.

I added a few frozen berries to mine, which added a tarty bite to the cake. But you could pop these wee tins in the oven at this stage here if you're not a berry fan.

The sour cream allows for a soft and light but smooth texture which melts in your mouth, mmm...

2 comments:

  1. Your first sentence made me laugh! I love how you brought the healthiest thing-salad AND the yummiest thing-Dessert! :) That's the way it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy goodness that looks devine! will make the perfect 'death star' cake for aesops party.. no point making a cool cake if it doesn't taste awesome!

    ReplyDelete