Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Long time no see

Hi!

As you may have noticed, it's been a really long time since I blogged. It's not that I haven't been baking, it's that I haven't had the urge to blog about it. Today that urge came back. I think that deserves some kind of celebration, don't you? We'll get to that in a second.

For now I should probably inform you all of something terribly exciting. Two weeks ago I purchased a KitchenAid. A pistachio coloured KitchenAid. I can feel your excitement too. I still get goosebumps when I see it. I highly recommend them. I know we all know that they're amazing, but they're even better than we think.

I made this Ruffle cake for my best friends birthday the other day with it. I used an Italian Meringue Icing. It used A LOT of butter (500g!). I don't think I would have attempted making it without the KitchenAid.


There are three layers hiding under that icing. How much cooler would it look with and extra cake on top to give it extra height?

I've been making these for presents and have found them to be a handy homemade gift! I thought I'd share them with you seeing as Mother's Day season and all! The cookies are super tasty too...


Now for celebrating. I felt like something fudgy, chocolatey, and crunchy. So I decided to make these:

Mocha Cookies


Sweet little thumb print mocha cookies that is. They sussed out my craving in no time.The perfect way to celebrate.
Ingredients:
150g butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp coffee granules mixed with 1 tbsp hot water
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp cocoa
20 chocolate buttons

Process:
Pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. 
Beat butter with an electric beater or a cake mixer. Add sugar, egg yolk and coffee paste. Beat until smooth. 
In a separate bowl, sift flour  and cocoa and mix to combine. In two batches, add to the butter mixture.
Mix well until all combined. You might have to get your hands in there!
Form into balls and place on lined tray. Press a chocolate button into each ball.
Bake for 12 minutes.
 Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It all looks very delicious Sarah ! The ruffle cake is spectacular, I bet all your friends enjoyed your culinary efforts. Congrats on acquiring your wonderful kitchen aid.

    ReplyDelete