Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Apricot Granola



I used to get paid to cook family meals, snacks and well anything really. It was mean't to be a nanny job but I spent more time cooking than I did looking after the children. It was pretty great.

My 'nanny mum' often requested this Granola as it was one of her favorites. I hope you like it too.

Apricot Granola

You will need (this recipe is VERY adaptable so if you don't have everything, mix and match):

2 cups nuts (e.g. almonds, cashews etc.)
1/2 cups sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup coconut
4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup maple syrup/honey
1 1/2 cup salad oil
1/2 cup dried apricots, cut however you like them
1/2 cup processed bran

Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Combine all the nuts and grains in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil and maple syrup. Pour this into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together.

Cook in roasting pans for about 45 minutes, turning every 10-15minutes to cook evenly to a golden brown. Remove from oven and mix in apricots and bran.

Serve with milk and fruit, as a topping on yoghurt/ice cream or simply stick your paws into the container and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Sophia just pointed me to your blog - it makes me sooo hungry. I recognize this granola :) I learnt how to make some great kids food through this same job: rice pilaf, cheesy egg squares... and who knew kids could be so crazy about garlic hommas!?

    ReplyDelete