Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Banana and Raspberry French Toast Goodness...



I was a big hater of french toast growing up. In fact I was a big hater of most food growing up. You'd think I was a different person.

There seem to be so many different ways to make french toast these days, it's pretty much not possible to dislike it. Brioche, bread, muffins, croissants, french stick - you name it, it's all good.

Being the great girlfriend that I am* I made my boyfriend french toast in the weekend. It could be filled with nearly anything. Nutella would be especially good I think. I just stuck to using Raspberry jam, a good dollop of butter and sliced banana as well as a touch or more of maple syrup..

Maybe you'd like to surprise a special someone with this sweet goodness too?

Banana and Raspberry French Toast


You will need:
2 slices bread/brioche/muffins/whatever tickles your fancy!
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
vanilla essence
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon icing sugar
maple syrup

How to:

Whisk eggs together well. Add milk and vanilla. Spread jam and butter on both pieces of bread. Top one slice of bread with sliced banana then place the other piece on top. Press down together. Soak sandwich into egg mixture, making sure all bread is completely covered.

Heat a dollop of butter in a frying pan, making sure the pan is not too hot (if butter turns brown, pan is too hot). Once the right temperature, place the sandwich on the pan. Cook for about five minutes on each side until golden brown.


Meanwhile, place frozen berries in microwave until soft. Stir in icing sugar.

Top french toast with any left over sliced banana and the raspberries. Do I need to mention drizzle over maple syrup to your hearts content? I didn't think so...

1 comment: